Competitive Scrabble players know that the letter Q is one of the least used letters in the English language. When you’re holding the letter Q many players wait in hopes of also drawing a U. But when a U isn’t available it’s good to learn some words that end in Q that you can play without a U. Listed below are words ending with Q.
Acceptable words within Scrabble play that end in the letter Q
- Suq – Variant of souk; a marketplace in Arab cities.
- Talaq – A method of divorce in Islamic law.
- Tranq – Short for tranquilizer.
- Tsaddiq/tzaddiq – A Hebrew term for a spiritual leader.
- Umiaq – A boat made of stretched animal skins by Inuits.
Abbreviated words not acceptable in Scrabble play that end in the letter Q
- Unq – The abbreviation for unnilquadium.
- .mq – Used in internet addresses to stand for Martinique.
- GHQ – General headquarters.
- CQ – Letters at the beginning of radio transmissions that are intended for all receivers.
Famous people and places are also found with the letter Q as the last letter
- Inupiaq – A group of Eskimos; also the name for their language.
- Mi’kmaq – A variation on Micmac, a group of Native Americans residing primarily in Canadian provinces.
- Zia ul-Haq – A Pakistani president from 1978 until 1988.
These Q ending words above are useful for Scrabble, Words With Friends, Literati, Upwords, Boggle or any word game.
Play Word Rage
The fun online timed word game! How many words can you find? Make as many words as possible from a set of jumbled letters. Earn bonus points and get today’s high score!